Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Losing Things

It's been about 8 weeks since Charla's fingers got caught in a door on our first night in our new home. She's been a real trooper about it, even though her fingers looked pretty awful for quite a while.

Well, the doctor predicted she'd probably lose at least one, if not 2, of her finger nails. And this week it finally happened.

She was SO excited when the nail fell off, that she exclaimed, "OH, I hope the Tooth Fairy will visit and bring me some money!"

I couldn't resist.

When she woke up the following morning, there were 4 shiny quarters left under her pillow.

We happened to have a conference with her teacher that afternoon. Mrs. Buckner told us she'd never seen Charla so happy and motivated.

It looks like the 2nd one won't be far behind. And I doubt it'll be too much longer before the Tooth Fairy gets to collect Charla's teeth as opposed to her finger nails.

my pretty, funny lil' girl

1 comment:

  1. I am glad she is taking it so well. I wish I could be there to kiss those fingers....of course only a true member of our family would come up with the "finger nail fairy". You should send this story to Reader's Digest...I believe you could earn a few dollars with this story, enough to take her and the others out for icecream.

    I LOVE YOU CHARLA :)

    ReplyDelete