Thursday, March 24, 2011

Generosity

We have had to alter the kids' bedtime routine, because the girls were staying up playing for hours after lights went out. Now Leora goes to bed first and I spend some "Special time" with Charla (Leora gets hers during the day). Leora usually zonks out after about 1/2 hour, when Charla hits the sack.

Well, this evening I was reading Leora a bedtime story and Charla interrupts me, informing me that she has something for Leora. She brightly pulls out a toy purse and digs around until she finds one of her beloved toy kitties. She lovingly passes it to Leora.

I praised her for her kindness to share something she loves so much and she simply stated, "Well, she needs it because she's poor." And she skipped happily out of the room.

The sweetness was zapped a bit, but I guess it's the thought that counts...?

No comments:

Post a Comment